Friday, February 18, 2011

Wednesday Dinner 2/16/2011

Ayyyyyooooooooooooo! I hope all is well out there in Lala land and everyone had a memorable "Valentine's Day" this weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was in honor of "Valentine's Day" ok maybe or maybe not. A few years a go Stephanie, Shameka & I went to dinner on "Valentine's Day" clearly we were all single at the same time. We went to Captain Jacks in Seal Beach at the time Stephanie and I paid for Shameka's dinner. So after much thought and consideration we decided Shameka owed us a "Valentine's Day" dinner, well that’s what I thought. Stephanie thought it was a meeting to discuss her birthday extravaganza next month. So after what seemed like two days of trying to figure out where to eat we finally decided to meet at "Wood Ranch" (http://www.woodranch.com/loc_la.html) in the Grove. Shameka and I had never been there but Stephanie has, I really don't care for restaurant bbq what the hell I gave it a try. To my surprise Shameka was on time (haha), I arrived second and then Stephanie arrived last. "Wood Ranch" offers these amazing garlic butter rolls that are good but taste even better with extra butter. It was felt so good being with "The Girls" again it was like old times sake. There was a point and time where Shameka, Stephanie and I were always together eating and drinking somewhere. For the record I kind of miss that. So after reviewing the menu it was time to order, this is what we ate:


Stephanie- BBQ Half Chicken with corn and baked beans
Ashley- WR BBQ Combo- BBQ Half Chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and mac & cheese
Shameka- BBQ Half Chicken with mac & cheese and baked beans


It didn't take long for the food to come out and I must say when the food came out it looked and smelled good however I was a little shocked that with all the meat we all got that the sides where not proportion right. We all agreed that we weren't impressed with the food at all. My ribs were ok, the sweet mashed potatoes were ok as well as the mac & cheese but I definitely won't be going back to the "Wood Ranch". During dinner we did our usual girl talk and we all got up to date with what’s been going on in each others lives. Stephanie found a way to mention her birthday plans to us so stay tuned to see how that goes (haha). So after dinner Stephanie had this bright idea to go to CPK (http://www.cpk.com/) for dessert so I could try this "Butter Cake" she had been bragging about. Shameka was a party pooper and didn't come. So we arrived at CPK and Stephanie ordered this "Butter Cake" and it was good however I'm sure if it’s fresh. When all was said and done I was beyond full and I enjoyed myself. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" friendship train drop me a line at wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "The hardest part of being friends sometimes, is loving them too much". Until next week Smooooches -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment